All 7 art Reviews

The Show Must Go On The Show Must Go On

Really cool. The color scheme is really nice. Your blues and greens go together nicely. I really like the angle you picked for this too. I really like your pastel work, it beats photoshop any day. I see two things that look a bit off. The girls face in the mirror looks awkward, especially her hair line. Also in the mirror reflection, her torso doesn't look like it's twisting enough and looks smaller than the foreground version. The rest of this piece more than makes up for these issues though, great work.

Arenas Arenas

That dude is about to be slaughtered by that minotaur! So, this looks amazing. Totally reminds me of Frank Frazetta or Boris Vallejo. The lighting is almost perfect, though I would say this could use some more areas of just pure black. My major complaint about this piece though, is that it looks WAY too Photoshoppy. That top left corner really stands out for me as having that generic Photoshop look. Other than that, it looks amazing. Great work.

data777 responds:

Ha ! thanks for the critic about photoshop, you're right.
Frazetta is some kind of a master for me. I loved to hear his name about my work.
Thanks

Food Thief Food Thief

This is kinda cool. I'm not sure why people are obsessed with futuristic cities, and hipsters sliding around on pipes but it's whatever. Looks too much like Jet Set Radio to me. I like the color scheme the most. Other than that, i'm just confused. Is that like an owl carrying meat or something? It looks like the dude has sausage links in his hand, and is carrying... I don't even know. And why is there a pipe that goes straight into the sky? I also dislike his hipster Slytherin scarf with a short sleeve shirt.

Sixtysix Sixtysix

Very cool. Nice use of the mixed media. I really like your line work, and of course the comp colors. Looks good.

A Tranquil Gaze A Tranquil Gaze

I like the use of complimentary colors and the red highlights around her eyes and nose. This is a cool looking piece, just looks too photoshoppy.

Arkham Kity Arkham Kity

Beautiful art. Pretty funny idea that could be expanded on a bit. Great work.

New World Order New World Order

Clustery fuckery.

I'm not reviewing your "message" because this is the ART PORTAL, not a politics thread. Anyways, I think the idea was better than the finished product. Your caricatures need a lot of work, as they only vaguely resemble Obama and Bush. The part that looks like money was a good idea, and well used. I also think your symbolism is just kind of everywhere, and not focused on one issue. You have the WTC, Nazi symbols, medicare, foreign oil, Obama's stitched head... and babies? My suggestion would be lose some of the symbolism and work on your caricatures, cause your art is too good to be wasted on people who barely look like who you want them to.